Common Cold: Symptoms and Preventions
Common Cold is a viral infection of upper respiratory tract in human body.
In winters, people often get affected with common cold. It is a viral infectious disease of the upper respiratory tract that primarily affects the nose. While children are are at greatest risk of colds, but healthy adults can also get infected. Doctors advises to take precautions, and practise good hygiene to prevent from getting affected. Common cold affects many people in the winter months.It is a viral infection of upper respiratory tract. Many types of viruses can cause a common cold.
Some of the symptoms of Common Cold are :-
– Mild headache
– Slight body aches
– Low-grade fever
– Generally feeling unwell
– Runny or stuffy nose
– Sore throat
Some of the ways through which one can manage Common Cold are:-
– Steam inhalation
– Normal saline gargles
– Drink lot of water and fluids
– Take paracetamol in case of fever
Children younger than six are at greatest risk of colds, However, healthy adults can also get infected.Some of the ways through which one can prevent Common Cold are:-
– Clean your hands often with soap and water
– Disinfect the stuff like cellphone, pen, keyboard and door handle
– Use disposable tissues while Sneezing and coughing
– Discard used tissues right away, then wash your hands carefully
Taking precautions and practising good hygiene may help to prevent getting infection of common cold.
Comments are closed.